This morning I was rushing around so when I placed the overdue library books on top of my Commander I forgot about them :0 I usually never put things on top of the vehicle for obvious reasons and the fact that I can't see them to remember them. Well about an hour after I dropped Grant off at school I was at home looking at my "to do" list and panicked as I read "take back library books." I ran out to the garage to find no books and then down the alley with the same results. I would have known it if they had gone off the front so where was I went they went flying off the back? I called Isaac and he gave some suggestions so I grabbed Evy, no shoes or jacket and drove off to school, again! Luckily I didn't have to go far they were on Central St. a couple blocks down the road. They were free!! Free from my home and free from the library... but not for long. The board book about shapes did not fair so well. It was obviously run over, probably by the frightened driver behind me, and the meat of the book was torn from the binding. The big expensive Star Wars book looked in good condition. I was pleased. So I took them both back to the library after I fixed the board book and they said it was okay. Some woman at the library standing near by said "You must have a lot of kids!" me.. "No I have two but that's enough!" And after all the lectures to my kids about taking care of the books they borrow! Never again--I know never say never!
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So glad you found them! One time, driving down the road in Orlando, I saw a briefcase in the middle of the road that had popped open and all the loose papers were flying all over the road. I couldn't help but think that person would be devastated when they realized it! I don't think their story turned out as well as yours.
You are lucky you found them. Joe put a cute popcorn bowl on the top of the car one day. I ended up having to throw it away :(
Post a Comment