I have been so excited waiting for the day when Grant would start playing sports. That day has arrived and I got out my best former cheerleader yell just for him. If I'm not his biggest fan I'm second to Evy but she doesn't even get it yet so I must be #1! Okay I may have to be tied with Daddy ;)
This winter Grant expressed a desire to play baseball so I did some research and found out t-ball was just around the corner. He insisted many times he wanted to play baseball not t-ball but I explained he'd have to do t-ball first. After he was okay with that, I signed him up and the rest is history.
His team is the Orioles and he is lucky #13!! My mom and Evy share a 13th birthday and Bumpa even said he played as #13 once. He has got a great coach who really cares about his boys. Speaking of boys Grant's team is all boys which I think is rare at this age.
Here are some photos of him during his first game. He has a red shirt under his jersey see if you can spot him in all that orange. He did pretty well considering he was working on a double ear infection (which I didn't know about.) Every body gets to bat every inning and they move them around in the field. Grant played first and second base and right field. All the boys did so well and since there is a wide range of skill I think they will help each other. After the game was over Grant walked over confused and said "Mom who won?" I said "No one. You don't play to win." To this day it's an odd concept to my competitive little boy but I think it will be good for him.
I can't wait to see him play more!
2 comments:
He looks so professional in his uniform! Khania, I want to hear your best former cheerleader yell sometime... :) Have I ever shown you my high school fight song routine? "The word is fight fight fight for Warren High! Let every loyal Warrenite sing..."
My lucky number is 13 also. So in all my years of playing baseball that was my number too...It's a great one. He looks cute in his uniform.
Post a Comment