Actually, I read 3 magazines and 2 & a half books! I can't remember the last time I finished a book but I had some time this weekend to catch up on my reading. I'll post about my weekend when I can get my photos to download from the camera. I really felt impressed to blog about these two books I read because they really touched me. If you have already read them please feel free to leave a comment if not look them up and get reading I promise you will be happy you did. The disclaimer is that they are for women but if you would like to know what a mother is or does you should read them too ;)
The first one, which is the one I finished, is called "I Was A Really Good Mom Before I had Kids" by Trisha Ashworth & Amy Nobile. They are two best friends who's relationship, I feel, resembles the one between Rachael and I. They went about trying to get some honest answers from mothers everywhere to see if they can figure out how to help us mothers become stronger in our roles. There were so many things that I connected with and appreciated. It was funny and eye opening at times and it really helps you look at how you are mothering and what kind of person you are. My good friend Jill, gave this to me as a gift and I am truly grateful for it. I think they have another book out but I'm not positive.
The second I started, and plan to finish soon, is called "I Am A Mother" by Jane Clayson Johnson. It is written with a ton of LDS scripture & quotes but I feel if you have any faith it's worth the read. In this book, Jane talks about why it's important to be proud to have the gift of motherhood. She explains that our job as mothers in raising children spiritually, socially and lovingly is the single most important job. She also talks about how much Heavenly Father cares for his daughters and how the Savior is there to help us when ever we need him. Jane also writes about her life and her trials & the growth she has had come from them. I felt the message was only for me as I read through my tears but I know this message is for everyone who says "I am a Mother."
Enjoy!!
4 comments:
I have been looking for some good "mom" books. I will have to order them through Amazon.
p.s. I am glad you can read. Thanks!
"I Am a Mother" is a wonderful book. It helped me realize how lucky we are to be chosen to raise Heavenly Father's precious children. I'll have to get the other one.
those sound like good books - I have had the I am Mother for over a year - I got it for my b-day last year. Sounds like I should take some time to read it!
Post a Comment