usa flag

Monday, April 21, 2008

Amazing Discovery

On the "First day of shorts" Grant was looking for the empty hole in our yard that we discovered a while ago. He was also "hunting" and when he moved some grass covering the hole he found some furry things. He came running into the house urging me to come out. He said he found an animal he wanted to kill "but it was so cute" that he couldn't. I asked him what type of animal he thought it was and he wasn't sure. When we went outside I figured out they were baby bunnies!! Oh I was so excited but scared that the mother would abandon them because the smell of Grant was all over the nest.
But the mama returned! Evy and I were outside playing and she came hopping into the yard and Evy got so excited and I didn't want her to scare the mama so I took her inside and we watched from the kitchen door. I was able to catch a few photos of this mama nursing her sweet babies! Sorry the photos are not so hot but my little point-n-shot is not made to capture wildlife ya know.
Just today the covering over the bunnies nest was "hopping" so I'm sure it won't be long before we will see them about the yard. I'll make sure I get photos of these little creatures. Also the mama came back this evening to nurse them again and I'm so happy to see her from time to time.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

Sarah S said...

SO cute!!! I still want to come see your darling bunnies. I'm glad you got a picture of them!

Britt Chudleigh said...

Are you kidding me? Baby bunnies!?! That is so cool.

Anonymous said...

That is so so cute!! I'm glad you and the kids got to see them, and get some pictures!