usa flag

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Spring Break Adventures

This last week Grant had spring break. We didn't travel anywhere but we did have fun. It was really nice to not worry about bed time (which I'm paying for now) and wake up time and rushing out the door in the morning. The weather wasn't so great so we had to do indoor activities which was fine because soon it will be all outdoor activities.
One of the things we did was visit MSI Chicago. I've blogged it before but here are some recent photos of our fun there. Also, as Evelyn gets bigger there are new things to do. I saw what it would be like to have identical Evy twins and once again Evy wouldn't leave the chicks. She pointed out the stars on the floor and kissed the cow. She did like getting into the big tractors they have in FarmLand but she did not want to sit in the wheel for a photo opp. Grant made a water tornado and I asked him to stand on his favorite state for a photo and he chose New York! I also got a photo of Grant on this magnetic crane which was hard to work but he did it. I didn't get a ton of photos of Grant because he would sit still, shocking I know!
This week Grant and I went to the dentist too. Dr. Sacksner said we both have great looking teeth and Grant has no cavities- YEA! Grant was so mature about the whole thing.
We also had fun with friends and each other. As our spring break wrapped up the weather was beautiful! On Saturday I decided to take Grant to Dick's and get him a t-ball bat and batting gloves. He LOVES them! He had lots of practice this weekend and I think he's been sleeping with the gloves and bat. So cute.
Also, on Saturday we drove to Winfield, IL to a birthday party for our old neighbor, Riley. He turned 2 and wasn't interested in opening presents. It was so nice to see Summer & Alister and their families and their new home. We hope to visit them again soon.
Rachael returned home after having been gone for 2 weeks. If this is a test for this summer I'm not sure I'll do very well.
As you can see the weekend was busy enough already but on top of that we had General Conference. As usual we gathered around the computer to watch over the internet and I'm so grateful for this technology. Evelyn was content to play quietly and from time to time she would participate by praying and singing. She did have her moment were she cried so loud she overpowered the speakers. Grant was "bored" the entire time but never left my ear to go play upstairs. I love listening to Pres. Monson and I am also grateful he is our prophet.
Well, I'm off to bed to start back in to our groove of school, errands, the gym, and bedtimes. Wish me well!!

2 comments:

Young Family said...

That looks like fun. Maybe Hayden would be entertained for a little bit. He is into EVERYTHING!

Do you think you could get Rachael to update her blog?

Jessica

Anne said...

I love that museum and I miss all the great museums in Chicago. I'm glad you had a fun, relaxing Spring Break.