Our hotel was beautiful, Thank you Shelly, and had a most luxurious bed with yummy pillows! I couldn't wait to sleep but it was only 5pm and I had much to do so off we went. We first went to Union Square and did some shopping but no buying. Then later on that night we went to Chinatown and shopped some more. I found this great store call "Asian Imports" on Grant St. and they had beautiful stuff. We had dinner in Chinatown with the best egg rolls ever but the rest of dinner was so-so and we were both sad it wasn't better. Then we walked all the way up, and when I say "all the way up" I mean "all the way UP!" to Coit Tower which has beautiful views of the city and bay.
On Saturday we went to the Golden Gate Bridge and "walked across" I say it this way because we went half way across and then turned around but I got the idea and I didn't want to waste a ton of time. Once again we had great views of the city and bay. Then we headed to Ghiradelli square which was okay but I thought there would be more there. I did buy some chocolate for the family, they had a new square flavor, peanut butter!! Then we thought let's go UP to the Crookedest Street. The trolley's were backed up so we decided to walk up. Were we insane?! Yes, a little, but there were another set of girls, younger probably, that were doing the same thing. We just took a couple breathers in our 5 block mountain we had to climb.Then Shelly and I walked all the way down again and then along the water to Fisherman's Wharf. We found a great photographer who like to talk and we ended up buying some pieces from him.
At Fisherman's Wharf we walked to Pier 39 and saw the seals that have taken over some boat slips and all the activity that's going on there. We had dinner at a wonderful place called Scoma's. I had the most delicious crab cake in my life!! Knowing I'm from PA and have eaten some of the best MD crab cakes around this means a lot. I had to force my 3rd cake down because I didn't want it to go to waste. I thought I would barf I ate so much but it was worth it!! Then as Shelly and I rolled back to Ghirdelli's for ice cream (That's right ice cream, I was on vacation!!) I started to feel better. We had to go back to the hotel for a break and to digest. But after about an hour rest we decided we should try to get on a trolley. We had a short walk and no line so we were able to get right on. I had finally accomplished all I came to do.
It was so much fun! Thanks Shelly I'll never forget this trip!!
Here is a list of the photos:
1. Looking up a street around Union Square
2. A trolley
3. Our view from our hotel window
4. Coit Tower
5. Golden Gate Bridge
6. Fisherman's Wharf sign-duh!
7. Daytime view of Coit Tower from Fisherman's Wharf
8. Some beautiful homes- look at the steepness of the road!
9. Crookedest Street
10. The gates to Chinatown
11. My yummy bed at the Marroit
12. Shelly and I on the trolley giddy from walking!
4 comments:
We went there on our honeymoon- it was my first time there (as an adult, anyway) and I just love that city so much! I'm so glad you had a good time- and what a treat to get some time to yourself like that!
That looks so fun! Makes me crave chowder from the pier!
Fun!!! Your pics look so sunny and nice. I want to be there. And without kids. Holy crap. Sweet.
San Fran is like my most favorite place to visit - when I lived in CA, that is the road trip my friends and I would always make!! I was so glad to see all your pictures! And I am glad you had a good time!
Post a Comment