usa flag

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

18 Months Old

Well it's truly hard to believe that Evelyn has turned 18 months old. The biggest milestone of this age for us has been sending her off to nursery at church. Now Isaac and I will enjoy our classes-- maybe! She seems to like nursery but we'll see if she continues to go or if she will fuss.
She really is an amazing little girl. She is silly, bright, and loving but she also can be assertive, fussy, and clingy. I love her! She can be very charming and everywhere we go I get comments about how cute she is. Evelyn loves to be sung to. Sometimes I can't help but laugh when she watches my mouth move as I sing and then moves her mouth too. Her favorite song is "The Wheels on the Bus" which is funny to me because Grant did not like that song. She will also do the movements to it along with "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "The Hokey Pokey." Since she was a babe I sang this tune to her "How funky is your chicken? How loose is your goose? Come on little Evy and shake your caboose!" She finally "shakes her caboose" to that song! She calls that song "Boose" and when she wants me to sing "Wheels on the Bus" she says "round & round."
Evelyn really likes to rock too. Not just to Guitar Hero but on rocking chairs, horses, and those spring thingies at playgrounds. Last Sunday Grandma & Bumpa brought a rocking horse they got when Grant was little and she loves it! (I'll do a separate post just for the horse) She's a crazy woman on that thing not to mention it occasionally needs to be tightened up and she is a handy girl. She loves tools and knows where we keep ours.
Within the last few weeks Evelyn has started really talking. Before she would babble all kinds of things to me but I never understood a word. Then all of a sudden I got her to say Evy which sounds like"Eddi" and she now will repeat almost anything. Grant is very good at getting her to repeat words and his favorite is to make her count. She does say Evelyn which sounds like "Ada-din" I think that's not too bad. She has got about 40 words that she uses regularly and gets the biggest smile when she says a new word for the first time (as do I)! What do you think her favorite word is?? It's "Daddy" and then "down." She calls Daddy on the phone, iPod, remote, and calculator and she always wants to be "down" whether she wants up or down it doesn't matter.
Another thing she gets proud of is sitting on the potty! She often sits and sometimes tinkles so hopefully it won't be long before we say bye-bye diapers. This summer I'll work more with her because I'll put her in dresses that she can pull up & down easier than pants. Wish me luck!
There is a photo up there that requires an explanation. The one where she is bent over to her toes is when I polished her toe nails for the first time! She was so cute and because I was quickly blowing on them to dry so she wouldn't make a mess, she copied me. I think it will be a while till we do that again.
This is one of my most favorite ages and while Evelyn really tests my patients makes me smile even more.
OHHHHHHHH I LOVE THAT GIRL!!

5 comments:

Sarah S said...

That picture of Evelyn rocking out is SO great!! The other pictures are fun too, but that is my favorite.

I love the facts about Evelyn at 18 months. She is such a sweet, spunky, fun little girl!

Sarah S said...

And I want to see the Shake Your Caboose in person!

Young Family said...

Evy is getting so big. It is fun to see our little ones grow up. You are lucky you get to take her to nursery. I have it on my calendar when Hayden gets to go (only 2 1/2 months more)

Mrs. Dub said...

i'm so jealous - not so much that evelyn is 18 months since that means miss dub will be there in less than two weeks, but that evelyn shakes her thang. i've been trying for months to get miss dub to shake it.

she is so cute. we need to get our little E's together sometime soon.

emily & david said...

Hooray for nursery privileges! What a happy day. I didn't even know what to do with myself. Evy is gorgeous!! hope you're well!