More like snakes & crickets, turtles & toads.
What was the most fun for me in PA is seeing Grant and Evelyn be able to run out in the big openness of my mom's property. Along with that came all kinds of wildlife. The first day we were there Grant came running into the house shouting "Mom look what I have!" It was a tiny baby toad!! It was very cute and jumpy so I have no photos but Grant took it outside in a safe place and let it be. He also loved to catch crickets in Bubble's grass. We saw turtles, beetles, and snakes (yes plural). In fact the funniest story was about a snake. Grant would go in and out of the house frequently and he wasn't so good a closing the door behind himself. One day I ran out to my car for something and I when came back into the house there was a small snake coiled up by the 3 steps that lead to my mom's entrance. I thought to myself "I don't remember a toy snake?" and as I finished that sentence it started to move!! I shouted "THERE'S A SNAKE IN THE HOUSE!!!" Now I'm not afraid of snakes but I was concerned for my children who don't know, to not touch such creatures. My Mom shouted back "Oh he'll find his way out." When I mentioned him finding the kids first, she put on the wood stove gloves. Dale pinned it against the wall with a broom and my Mom reached down and grabbed it! She looked like Steve Irwin, only much prettier. The kids were fascinated. That is the photo you see up there. If anyone knows what kind it is please let us know. Mom carried out to the edge of the woods and let it go.
Another fun story is when Grant went down to the creek at PoP's to play with "cousins" Justin & Ryland. They all looked like misfits running around in their bathing suits and boots. Grant borrowed PoP's boots so they were 10 times too big for him but he didn't care. They caught crayfish and played for about 40min. and then Grant and his buddies packed up his Jeep and drove home. It was very cute.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Snips & Snails & Puppy Dog Tails
Posted by Krazy Khania at 3:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That snake story is hilarious!!! Especially since your mom didn't seem concerned at first about having it in the house. I would have run away screaming with Eli in my arms... :)
I would have made someone kill the snake. That is disgusting.
Post a Comment