Here are a few photos of Grant's birthday! We did so many thing and I was so busy I barely took photos! That morning PoP came and played baseball with the birthday boy while Bubble, Evy and I went to the grocery store for the cake and stuff. When we got back we had a tiny break but we had to get to McDonald's for lunch, it is our tradition you know. Isaac was able to stay home from work and he joined PoP, Evy, Grant and I to the nicest McD's I've ever been to. Then we got home and had some quiet time. During quiet time Grant and I went to a neighbor's lemonade stand where we colored on their sidewalk and talked with friends. When we got home from that Grandma & Bumpa had just arrived and we started visiting with them. Soon it was time to open gifts. He was so good and patient and so was Evelyn surprisingly. He got some great gifts and played while we made dinner. After dinner we had friends over for cake and ice cream. The cake was made by Sam's Club and enhanced by Khania. I did the Cubs logo it was white, I just can't take a good phot. I had them put "#6" for Grant's age and the "Lee" for Derek Lee, Grant favorite Cubs player. Grant's party was so much fun the kids were all lined up waiting to get on the trampoline and everyone had a good time talking and eating cake. After friends left Grant went inside and opened gifts from friends. He loved everything and at the end of the night he said "Mom this was the best birthday!" and he had the sweetest smile on his face!
I can't believe my little boy is six years old! I clearly remember having him in my arm as a newborn and thinking I couldn't possible love him more. I now know I do. We have our good and bad days but really with each day I love him more.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Grant's Special Day
Posted by Krazy Khania at 9:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I still love that he had Grant LEE on his birthday cake! I can't believe he's 6 years old either. Crazy how much he's changed and grown since you've lived here in E-town...
I LOVE that cake! I am sorry we missed a great party! Happy Birthday Grant - it is hard to believe you are 6 already!
Post a Comment