usa flag

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Granparents

Here they are the greatest Grandparents in the world!! Grant was so lucky to have both sets of Grandparents here for his 6th birthday. From left to right are PoP, Bumpa, Grandma, and Bubble. Each time I think of time spent with any of them I think of how incredibly blessed my children are to have such a diverse group of people to be examples and to learn from. PoP always plays with my kids! He is down on the floor, out in the yard, and riding around but he is always playing. PoP likes to ride his bike and sail. He is good at playing Legos with Grant and he drove all the way here days after Evelyn was born to see and help us. Bumpa & Grandma are good examples and teach good gospel principles. Bumpa always has something fun in his pocket for the kids and Grandma always likes to sing songs in cute voices for the kids. They love Disneyland and camping. I love the stories they tell and people they meet. Bubble is always fun. She always spoils the kids and they know it. Bubble is also always trying to help them, and us, be better. Better eaters, better decorated, better colorers, you know all the important things. Bubble likes to sing too but she makes up songs and she bounces around a lot. All these Grandparents have a few things in common though. They all love to travel. While Grandma & Bumpa like the US they have gone all over and will continue to travel until they can't do it any more. PoP loves the Caribbean and dreams of settling there someday. Bubble loves Peurto Rico & Mexico but I think she likes to visit us the most. They also all to cook and eat good food. PoP has perfected outside cooking. He can make anything you want with a grill, big pot and a burner. His fresh cut french fries are to die for too. Bumpa and Grandma always seem to find the best places to eat and Grandma can make a mean roast. Bubble makes the best soups! I swear she could take whatever is in your frig and make it into a yummy soup! She makes all kinds of yummy things but my favorite is her salsa! All the Grandparents love baseball so they are always connecting with Grant in that way. They also are all very bright and articulate. Most of all they have in common, their love of my children and it shows! Thanks for being the best Grandparents in the world!! We love you!!!!

3 comments:

Rachael said...

I love Bubble's salsa. I especially love that she sent a special batch home for me. Thanks Bubble

Beckie said...

I love Grandma's and Grandpa's! I would LOVE to try your dads fries YUM!
and I too LOVE Bubble's salsa! Yumm-o!

Britt Chudleigh said...

Ok, can't figure out why but the post above won't let me comment. So in reference to that post........awwwwww thanks. :) It was so much for seeing you too. Bittersweet though. It made me miss you. :(