usa flag

Monday, August 6, 2007

Grant Gets the Boot

Since the movie CARS, Grant has been very curious about the boots they put on cars. If you've seen the movie you know Lighting McQueen gets put in a boot after he messes up a small towns road. On the way to Pee-Wee Sports Camp there has been this car with a boot on it. Grant started asking me how they get it on and off the cars. I had no idea but I promised next time I saw someone to ask I would. Well, one morning we were on our way to camp and the parking enforcement lady was standing at the car so I pulled over got out and asked her how it worked. She told me they clamp it on the wheel and then stick a wrench in this hole and it gets tighter and tighter. Then she told me we could stay to watch the tow truck driver take it off because he was on his way. So we all piled out of the car and watched as this guy take the boot off of the car. FYI the car had about $1600 worth of unpaid parking tickets. Then we were off to camp where Grant took his first ride on a school bus to go bowling. What a fun day for him!!

0 comments: