This past weekend we visited beautiful Downers Grove, IL. The reason we went was to see the National Championship bike race. Downers Grove is a quaint little town about 1 hour southwest of Evanston. There are cute little shops and eateries which were all closed but the streets were lined with barricades for the race and tents of cycling stuff. We went with Carrie & Steve, Alex & Sam to see Carrie's brother-in-law, Joby. He's a pretty cool guy and was glad to see us. I was surprised to see so many fans because it was pouring! By the time the race (that we came to see) started the rain stopped but there were still many accidents. Grant enjoyed seeing the real life "Sarge," who is still in working condition. At one point during the race I noticed some people on the other side of the street smiling our way and so I looked down to see Grant giving them a dance show to the music that was playing. It was so funny and he's such a ham sometimes. Evelyn had so much fun clapping and yelling. She's either a born cheerleader or prepping for when Daddy races maybe both. Speaking of Isaac he had a great time too and I'm glad he got us all into such a fun sport!
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment