Yesterday was Grant's 5th birthday and we had so much fun! We went to playgroup and then had lunch with friends at McDonalds, of course. Then we went to see Christopher just home from his summer away. When we finally got home we put together a Star Wars Lego V-wing and watched CARS. Grant also got lots of birthday calls from Bubble, Grandma, PoP, Bumpa, Uncle Zon & Uncle Philip. Daddy even came home early from work. We then had the Horstmanns over for hot dogs & cupcakes & presents!
As I reflect on Grant's birthday I realize how much he's done and grown since last year. He had his first year of school, his sister was born, he started giving prayers, and he started riding a bike (with training wheels). He even started writing his name and he's got those artistic genes because when he crosses his t the horizontal line goes the length of his name. WOW I can't believe he's growning up! He is such a bright and funny child too. Just the other day he was mad at me and said he'll tell Heavenly Father to make me not funny anymore. Being funny is really his thing and he'll do anything, even get in trouble, to make someone laugh. We have a long road ahead of us with a mind like that. Grant is also very caring. He loves babies! Evelyn is his favorite but our friends' baby, Eli, seems to be a close second. Grant also likes to be in control. The other day I had to move his car seat to the other side of the car so he could control the air in the back of the Commander. He then claimed he was cold and put the heat on, it was like 90 that day! He loves music too. My favorite thing he does right now is he's sing the music to DarthVader's March or the theme song to Transformers but then put different words to it. He's actually quite good. This last photo here are Grant's plans to build the Sears Tower which he calls the "Serious Tower." I love it and will be framing it soon.
The funny thing about this years' birthday was he couldn't understand that his birthday was the day he was born but a birthday party is your celebration you can have on any day. He kept wanting a party on his birthday and when I said we couldn't do it he said "Well, Alex is having his party on his birthday!" I then had to explain why it's easier to have a party on a Friday than a Wednesday. He was still a little upset but I think he had a great day yesterday and wouldn't trade it for anything.
Now in a few weeks Grant will be starting school again. We've chosen a great school called Covenant Nursery School (http://www.covenantnurseryschool.org/), where he'll be in a class with children 3-6 years old. I received his paperwork yesterday and in his class will be 4 other 5yr old boys. I'm very excited! He'll be going everyday from 9:15 to 11:45 so we'll come home and have lunch and put Evy down for a nap. I just hope Grant gives her the peace she needs to sleep.
Here is some more info on Grant
LIKES:
Star Wars, Legos, Disney's CARS, John Deere, Transformers, running, pillow fights with Daddy, reading books, Target, coloring, hot dogs, quesadillas, popcorn, chocolate milk, bugs, baths, the beach, visiting all his Grandparents, his friends, Primary, stories, babies & small children, snuggling with Mommy, making deals, music, talking
DISLIKES:
cleaning his room, people smoking, being told what to do, stopping to go potty, being quiet, anyone helping him, "bad stuff" in food which can be anything from meat to veggies, Evelyn playing with his toys, things that "take forever"
Grant is such a blessing in our life and we know he's touched others as well. Bubble says "Grant you are my favorite person, I think about you every day!" I can't wait to see what this next year will bring even if it is bitter-sweet. I love you Bippers!!

1 comments:
Just checked up on your blog. I can't believe how Evy has grown up and Grant is just as handsome as ever. I wish we could join you for your trips to the beach. We miss that. Glad to see life is good!
Post a Comment