Hello friends! Every first Sunday of the month our Relief Society asks a sister to write a 3 min. statement with the "This I Believe" theme. Since most of my very good friends were not there I thought I'd share to all. This is my "This I Believe" statement I gave last Sunday in Relief Society. Enjoy & God Bless!
When we are children our friendships are meaningful & forgiving, competitive & bossy but necessary. When we are teenagers our friendships are meaningful & influential, heartbreaking & damaging but necessary. As we grow into adults we start to change the way we handle friendships and our view toward friendships.
I believe friendships are one of the most important things for us to do while here on earth. The feelings and relationships we develop help us to follow the Lords plan for us. Friendship also helps us to extend friendly feelings toward people we are not friends with. By developing friendships we make our families grow. We care about more than just our children, moms, dads, brothers, and sisters. We start to care about our friend’s children, moms, dads, brothers, and sisters. We start to become a big eternal family.
The friendships we develop with our family members are important too. Isaac and I are very best friends and I can only pray my children have the same relationship with me that my brother and I have with my mom. And of course I want Grant and Evelyn to have the same friendship my brother and I have.
The friendships I have give me great joy. My friends are like an extension of me. They are other brains that have other knowledge and experiences that help me to grow and learn. They give me the support when I need to make it through trials. They make me laugh which is one of my favorite things to do! They give me their strength when I have none. My testimony grows as I listen to my friends share their testimonies. My friends are good examples to me.
Sometimes I may not see or talk to a friend for a long time but the strong bond I have built makes it feel like we have just talked yesterday. I have other friends that I talk to everyday. I also have friends I see maybe once a week but I cherish all of them for the friendship they give to me
Friendship is essential to our growth and well being and I am very grateful for the friendships I have made and will make.
This I believe in Christ name Amen.
1 comments:
that is wonderful Khania! I am glad you put it on your blog
Post a Comment