
double rainbow on the way to Cheyenne

we played Barbies

Grant 8yrs old

Grant 2yrs old

happy to be with Grandma

This was a long driving day but we did it and had a pretty good day. We saw the sun come up which is always special for me because it doesn't happen very often. We also saw a double rainbow, again special. At one pint I decided the Barbies needed a better view of the drive so we sat them there until they fell. Don't worry they were okay! After our stop in Cheyenne I put a movie in and Evy fell asleep but Grant got car sick! So he's throwing up his Gatorade and I pull over on the side of the road not noticing the hitchhikers about 50 feet away. I saw them start to walk toward us and told Grant to quickly get in the car and I ran and jumped in too. Yikes! After that whole ordeal I was feeling a little crazy and apparently I was driving 85 in a 75. Alright I was driving that fast but really there's no reason not to out there;) Office Friendly thought I needed to get a ticket and as he asked for my "license and registration" I'm thinking this is a rental, were is all that stuff. He told me a rental agreement would be okay but that was in my trunk so I had to slowly open the trunk and dig through the suitcase I thought it was in, it wasn't! He was still okay with what I did have and game me a nice $105 ticket. You're welcome WY!! Once we got to Nation Teton Forest it was so close I could taste it but alas there was construction through the forest and so with a pace truck leading us through I drove my 20mph and made it to the entrance to the Teton Park. There a ranger told me it would be another 3 hours to West Yellowstone and I just about cried but the drive through the Tetons and Yellowstone was pretty nice. I did drive the speed limit and made it in about 2 hours. We made one more stop at the Grant Village sign and I didn't realize I got Grant at a different Grant Village sign than the first one so it looks like the sign grew just like Grant. Once we saw Grandma and Bumpa all our fatigue washed away and we were ready to go, as if it was a new day. The last photo we were happy to go to bed that night because we had been up since 4:30am. We look pretty good though, huh?
0 comments:
Post a Comment