The whole time we were in Colorado Grant wanted to see a rattlesnake so one evening Carrie said "I know a trail were we might see a rattlesnake." She really didn't think we'd see a snake or else she wouldn't have suggested it. Seconds into our hike, Alex is shouting "There's a rattlesnake! There's a rattlesnake!" You can actually see it in my first photo because I hung back to take a cute photo of the kids on our hike and I captured Alex's surprise. You can also see how far I was from the kids and Jacob was about to step on this snake. I ran up thinking it was more of a joke but found a teenage prairie rattlesnake all curled up. Alex said he felt something on his leg, which I think was just grass or mud, but it made him turn around and look down and when he did he realized he and Grant had walked right over a snake. I'm not sure why it didn't strike but I am so glad it didn't. So seconds after our hike began it ended and as Carrie and I got into the car we looked at each other with a "I can't believe that just happened" look. We then headed to a playground to get out the excitement of the snake and I got some other cute picts of Evy being a mermaid on the rock The last photo is in Carrie's front yard and I just thought it was cute because she's in her ballet outfit climbing a tree.
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
A Rattler
Posted by Krazy Khania at 8:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment