usa flag

Monday, August 22, 2011

Mt. Evans

looking down on where we parked
One of our adventures while in CO was to pack the kids up and head all the way up Mt. Evans. This is the highest paved road in North America going over 14,000 ft! This road was a little frightening and I had to keep telling myself "Carrie has driven this before. There were parts of the road that it seemed that if the car moved just an inch over you'd be off the cliff. We prepared by bringing snacks, water, long sleeves and oxygen! Yes, we brought this can of oxygen that was sort of like an inhaler. The kids all had at least one hit but I had a couple. The kids were all totally fine even though they basically ran up the mountain. Carrie was fine to but she lives there. I on the other hand thought I my head would explode! When we started down from the mountain I felt a headache coming on but I had no idea what was coming at me. It was incredible pain and I've had migraines before. I was throwing up and Carrie was really concerned but about 4 hours later I felt so much better and the vacation was back in play. I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to do this but I won't d anything like it again. Thanks Carrie for sharing Mt.E with me!!

0 comments: