The whole reason the Christensen's moved to Colorado is so Steve could work at a place called National Renewable Energy Lab, NREL. I thought it would be fun to go see the visitor center and show the kids where Steve worked. Outside they have all kinds of parts of those giant windmills you see in the wind farms. That was cool, I love those things. Inside there were all kinds of fun things set up to show how we use energy and make energy. It was really a fun little trip. The one thing I really came away with was how much energy it takes to get a regular light bulb to turn on opposed to the new kind, which I think are ugly and give of yucky yellow/orange glow. But I suppose I'll be using them more to save money ;)
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
NREL
Posted by Krazy Khania at 8:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment