Well, here's what we've been up to. We finally moved into our new place. We are still renting but instead of another apartment we are now in a house! We have three bedrooms, a yard, a 2 car garage, and a basement. We now have 3 levels and a ton more space! Grant loves that he has his own room and now that he has a yard I feel so much better about his energy levels. Evelyn loves the room too but I'm not sure she knows it yet. I can't wait for the summer to go out and play in the yard. We also have a full bath and a "powder closet" which takes care of a problem we had in our old place. I also love that I can walk around my diningroom table and sit more comfortably there. The air around here is much more relaxed too because we aren't all on top of one another. We have a washer & dryer in the basement along with a ton of storage space, good bye Chicago storage unit! Also in the basement is enough room for Isaac to ride his bike on a trainer. He's got a cool set up with our portable DVD player so he doesn't get bored while riding. It has been so awesome.
Along with the awesome-ness comes some pain & suffering. The kitchen needs some up-dating but my Mom came out to paint the cabinets. There is no dishwasher which is a pain but I kind of have a routine and it's not so bad. I'm usually on the phone when I'm washing. Also there is a heating vent right at my feet so when I'm cold I start washing, the vent and hot water warm me up! Talk about lemons into lemonade. Since we moved in it has snowed way more than the last few winters so we are shoveling more than we ever have before. And while it is great having 3 floors it takes some getting used to. I've decided there are some nessities we must have on, at least the top 2, floors like diapers, scissors and toys.
Another good thing about our new place is the location. We are very close to a big park and Grant's elementary school. We also have frineds close by and there is a little dive down the street that makes yummy fresh cut french fries!! And come 4th of July we have front row seats for the parade. We are close to a popular ice cream place and fun shops. Once again I can't wait for the weather to get warmer. Anyway we really feel good to be here!
PS Sorry if I have a ton of spelling errors the spell check is not working and unfortunatly I rely on it heavly
2 comments:
I love your new place!
I'm so excited that you have more space. It's such a great feeling to be able to have a place to put things and enjoy a little more breathing room. Hope the weather improves soon so you can enjoy that yard!
Post a Comment