usa flag

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

2008 Chicago Car Show

A few Fridays ago Isaac left work early and we all went down to McCormick Place to see the 2008 Chicago Car Show. It was so awesome! I really wish the battery in the camera would have lasted past three photographs!! But we got these at least. The Cadillac CTS is Isaac's favorite car and it even won "Best Concept Car" at the show. It really was as shiny as it looks. Grant always loves the Hummers but this year he found a new favorite... Bumblebee from the movie Transformers! It's actually a Chevy Camero and Grant claimed he would own one when he could drive. Grant also had a great time in the Army section. They had a tank and helicopter you could go into. Along with those they had a drag car and climbing wall. It was very cool. When we got to the Jeep floor it was awesome! Of course, we love Jeeps but they had a course set up where you could take a ride in a Wrangler up a steep hill, over rocks, and through a muddy mess! Evy went right for a yellow Wrangler. I put her in the back and she wouldn't get out. She threw a fit when I finally took her out. Maybe she'll follow in her daddy's footsteps and have a Wrangler as her first vehicle. If we keep having winters like this I'll get her anything with 4-wheel drive. The concept car on the Jeep floor was really cool too but I can't remember it's name. I was excited to see a 2002 series BMW which is my favorite car. My PoP had one when I was in high school and then gave it to Isaac and I right before we got married. Sadly I was never able to fix it enough to drive it and we ended up selling it with our house. Maybe someday I'll have one again. As I said we had a great time and I highly recommend it to anyone.

1 comments:

Beckie said...

fun! some year I will make it to the car show...it's on my things I have never done in Chicago list...I'll have to show Miss M the bumble bee car, so cool!