Within days of moving into our new place I have had some adventures. Here are two. On Monday after we moved in I was coming down the hardwood stairs, in socks and carring Evelyn, when I slipped! Luckly I was only 4 from the bottom but I did try to stop myself which doesn't work by the way and just causes more pain. As you can see here I wrapped my left arm around the bottom banister before landing. Evelyn hit her head after I hit the floor so she wasn't hurt but she was scared. I couldn't move because my arm was numb so I sat for a minute comforting Evy. Finally I got up and decided I'd be okay. The next day the bruise started to grow and I realized I injured my right wrist and elbow also. My wrist still hurts and my elbow turned black and blue too. But the ugliest bruise was to my left arm which has gone from a small 2 inch clot to wrapping up around that elbow. I'm on the mend!
Then on Tuesday as I'm running out, before a storm hits, to get a microwave, I realized I locked myself out! I figure I might as well run the errands I had planned. I also thought my landlord was stopping by aroung 5:30 and he has the key that Isaac and I do not have to that lock. Well, Isaac got home and I was sitting in the car with the kids and Ham, the landlord, was not coming. I thought I had just chained the front door so it was worth a try. It turns out I had just chained the front door so I borrowed a flat head screw driver from the Christensens and started to break into our house. By this time sleet was coming down and it was dark so no one driving by cared if I was breaking in. I tried so hard to get those 2 inch screws out of the wall but the one just wouldn't budge after a certain point. I had to do what any mom would do to get in her home to make dinner............ I kicked the door in! It took a few kicks but I did it. Now I have a home improvement project.
1 comments:
ok I look at your bruise and just cringe! Makes me think of my fall down the stairs! makes my butt hurt just thinking about it!
Post a Comment