usa flag

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Skating Party

It is a tradition in our ward for the primary (3-12yr olds) to go ice skating every year in Febuary. The year we moved here it was too late for us to know about it. Last year we went with Evy in a car seat carrier and Grant afraid to get on the ice. Isaac's not a fan either but he always gets on the ice. I'm not sure weither it's a "I need to conquer this" or "I need to be a good example" (Maybe he'll comment) I like to ice skate but I'm not that good at all. I don't stop very well and I can't turn very fast but I still enjoy going. This year was fun!! Grant was willing to get on the ice but just as clingy. Grant's favorite thing was to have Craig take him under the arms and skate around the rink "really fast." Then by the end I got a shot of Grant on the ice by himself! I was very proud since the other kids his age seemed to have an little more courage than they did last year. I took Evy on in boots and she loved it. Every time her feet would go out from under her she'd squeal with laughter. Then they told us everyone without skates needs to come off the ice, which was all the little kids. I started to pick Evy up and fell right on my bottom! It hurt so bad!! Evelyn was fine once again but I think she's getting a little leary of letting me hold her. After we turned in our skates we had pizza and treats. It was a really fun time! Thanks NS1 Primary!!

1 comments:

Beckie said...

hooray for ice skating! I LOVE our little primary tradition!
(was there any pictures of Marlee and Keenan - of course I would forget to charge my battery and not get any!)