usa flag

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Twelveth Day of Christmas Break II

So this was our big day to go into the city. I was "warm" and the sun was shining so it was the best day to do it and we're glad we did. We had so much fun. We first go on to a Metra train which I think was Evy's first ride. She didn't want to go upstairs with the boys so we sat down below and watched as we passed through Evanston and Chicago. We we got off we went right to the Sears Tower (sorry Willis people I won't ever call it the Willis Tower) and up to the sky deck. We must have come at a great time because there was almost nobody there. The lines were barely lines. Evy was scared of the elevator and I was wondering how she'd do at the top but she was totally fine and didn't mind the height at all. She did not, however want to go out onto the box with nothing blow her. That was saved for the thrill seekers of our family, Grant and Isaac. As you can see though Isaac had to drag Grant out and then he was okay. And while they don't belong to us, Isaac had to get a shot of these kids laying out there like it was their living room rug! How is that kid not terrified!? Anyway, after the sky deck we had some lunch and headed to Macy's to see the windows and decorations inside. The inside was so cool but the windows were okay, I've seen better in Salt Lake and New York. But by then the question of "when are we going back to the train" and "my leg hurts right here" started to come up so we walked back. We sat on the train and enjoyed Jamba Juice and cookies to end our trip. Evy and I sat up top this time. She fussed until we started moving and then she liked it. And as soon as we all got home we went our separate ways and rested. We had so much fun I said to Isaac "We really should do this more often." and he said "That was an expensive day." So maybe just more than once a year.

1 comments:

The Rosengrants said...

I always love your christmas break days of and always think to myself I wanna do that but oh well. I did post pics at least. I can't wait for you to meet Asher. He is an amazing 14 lbs at 5 weeks. LOVE IT