usa flag

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Weekend

This holiday weekend we didn't have a fun vacation planned but we did have fun in our own home. On Saturday Isaac went for a bike ride and then helped the young men with a car wash. I got the basement organized and cleaned out which led to Grant wanting to see some special old boxes of Isaac's. So Isaac unpacked his Star Wars toys that he has had since he was a child. Grant was in heaven! It was pretty cool to see all this ship and figures and they killed a ton of time playing. Isaac also got out his trumpet that he played as a teenager. It was funny to listen to him remember how to play. Grant tried to play since that is the instrument he wants to learn but nothing came out. On Sunday and then Monday it was so warm that I was able to finally put water in the water side of the sand/water table. Grant and Evelyn had lots of fun. They had lots of mud fun too but that's for a post of it's own. Isaac drug a bunch of friends on a bike ride which led to some pancakes with Coach Mark (he Isaac's bike coach) That evening we went to a BBQ at the Horstmann's and had a ton of fun! I forgot my camera but there were some good photos of Isaac's Chicago dogs that were taken. I don't want to forget what this day of observance is for though. I couldn't help but think of all the men and women who are or ever were away from their families serving our country so we can be free. You gotta love them! Thank you!!

2 comments:

Beckie said...

I can imagine that Grant LOVED all of those star wars toys! What fun!

Sarah S said...

Isaac, you're still in trouble for that bike ride!! :)

(just kidding - mostly)