About a month ago we got out Grant's bike. He rode it around the park for a while but, in caution, he leaned so much on the one training wheel it broke. Isaac took a look at them and we decided to just take them off an force him to learn to ride on two wheels. Mean right? Sometimes that's all that will motivate him- forcing him. Well, we kind of forgot about the practicing which is why it's taken a month but the on Wednesday I said why don't you and Daddy got out and practice riding your bike. Isaac would hold the back of his seat but he really was just us holding Grant up so he wouldn't fall. Grant wasn't feeling the balance it takes to ride. Just as we (Isaac and I) were giving up Grant just started to try to get the bike going on his own and after about a half hour of trying he was riding!! He would only go a few feet but we were so excited!! We went out he next day and he got more and more confidence to go farther and farther. I am so PROUD of him!! Another thing about this I'd like to mention is Grant's jacket. It has been cold here but that's not why he has on his winter coat. A friend of ours, Aaron, told Grant when he was a kid his parents would dress him in his winter coat to practice riding his bike so when he'd fall it wouldn't hurt so much. Grant thought this was a great idea and I can just picture him in the middle of July with his winter coat on riding around.
Friday, May 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment