usa flag

Friday, October 22, 2010

Grant's Baptism

Well, I can't believe I went the whole way through august and didn't post photos of Grant's baptism. But here they are courtesy of Sarah Severson Photography. I guess because they aren't in my normal photo folders I just zoomed past it. Anyway, it was an amazing day! Grant was a little overwhelmed and at on point said "I don't ever want to do this again!" I of course, told him as long as he makes good choices he won't. This is not your typical LDS baptism but on the North Shore it seems to be a tradition, if you have a summer birthday, that you can be baptised in Lake Michigan. Grant thought it was a good idea and I'm glad we had it there. It seems there is no better place than the outdoors to get baptised. You can appreciate all that has been created for us. Grant had Grandma and Bumpa give talks and then we all headed down to the water where Isaac preformed the baptism. Then we went back to our home where Bumpa confirmed Grant a member of the church and gave him the gift of the Holy Ghost. As I look back I am able to enjoy the day for what it was and I am grateful Grant made the choice to be baptised. He deserves all the blessings that come with this special day.

1 comments:

Mostess Mommy said...

Holy moses! So much has happened since we left! I love the birthday pics and the baptism pics! Miss you guys!