
This year in Grant's class there was an outbreak of head lice. I know this may be an uncomfortable topic but nevertheless it happened to us and I'm choosing to blog about it. Grant had just gotten out of a hot shower, one Tuesday night, when I found what I thought was a fuzzy in his hair. I picked it out and chucked it on the floor but when I saw another fuzzy and it was crawling I was pretty sure Grant had finally gotten lice. I then had to quickly pull all my hair back and search our green tiled floor for the tiny clearish bug I had just thrown on the floor! I found it on the white bath mat, thank goodness, and then went right downstairs to the internet to make sure they were in fact lice. As I was checking the internet Isaac came home and I explained what we would have to do. So I got the expensive pesticide and Isaac shaved Grant's head. Mid shave Grant said he wanted a mohawk and I thought sure why not. Isaac wasn't too happy but we'd rather it on our 7 yr. old than our 14 yr old. It turned out Grant had no eggs just 3 little bugs and Evy and I didn't have any at all. I still treated her and I with the pesticide and we haven't had a problem since.
0 comments:
Post a Comment