usa flag

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

On the Fourth Day of Christmas Break

Grant had a friend, Eric, from school over and they went outside to play. I went outside to shovel.
And take cute photos of Evy. After we dropped Eric off at home we needed to kill some time so we drove by the lake. As we looked at the surf Evy said "Mom we don't have our bathing suits!" in a sad voice. I then rolled the window down to take a picture and Grant said "Let's get out." I said okay. So we walked down to one of our favorite summer places and got blasted by bitter wind. I made us get a photo and then we bolted back to the car.
Our next adventure was to ride on the CTA's Santa Express! They deck out these cars just for 2 days and it was great! I am so glad we were told about this treat. The kids had a blast and we even got to see Santa. He got to ride in his sleigh on a special flatbed car. It must have been chilly but he is from the North Pole.
The El was decorated inside and out and they had people giving out candy canes and there was music playing. The funniest thing was the people who just needed to take the express train home and didn't know it was the Christmas train. There were more kids than adults! Lots of fun and I recommend it to everyone.

1 comments:

Sarah S said...

It was craziness but oh so fun! Hooray for the holiday train :)