Here is my doll in her new panties. I decided I would give potty training a try with Evelyn since she is showing all the signs of "readiness." Along with this adventure come some fun stories, so here they are.
One morning I decided we would just stay at home so when Evelyn's diaper was dry in the morning I took it off and asked her to go tinkle in her potty. She did and then protested another diaper so I put panties on her. Then we went outside to play and she wanted her bathing suit on so we did that and pretty soon she wanted to be naked. I put sunblock ALL over her and let her run around in the buff. At one point I asked her to go to the potty, which was outside by now, and she did! Time passed and then it was time for a nap so she napped in her panties and woke up dry. After her nap she wanted to be naked again, and just so you know it was pretty hot this day so who could blame her? I let her run around in the buff, again. It got kind of quiet so I checked on her in the sun room. I walked in on her with a blue marker in hand and naughty look on her face. As I look to the floor I see she has colored with blue marker all over some wooden puzzles. EVELYN! Then I scan the floor to see what else she colored on and I found.... a pile of poop!!!! AHHH!! With guess what?? YES, blue marker on it! Quickly the marker went in the garbage and I cleaned up the poop. She repeated a poop pile the next day. I'm glad to have hardwood floors ;)
While in PA one day.... I changed a poopy diaper and she protested a diaper so I let her go. She asked for her potty and so I brought it to her. As I get to her I find a puddle. I clean it up and she says "Mommy? Poop potty." I said "There is your potty" so she sits down. My mom comes in and says "I smell something." and I told her it was just remnants of the last diaper change. Then I go over to Evy and she says "poop potty" and sure enough there was poop in the potty! This all happened in a matter of 10 minutes so when my mom, a minute later, said we should visit her neighbor I put Evelyn in panties. My thoughts are she just pooped twice and tinkled on the floor I'm safe right? Answer? No! she tinkled about 5 minutes after we go to Deb's. Good thing we were outside.
At Pop's I took her up to my uncle's pool in just her suit. She pooped in that too. Not recommended, I couldn't figure out how to get the suit off without poop getting everywhere.
These seem like horror stories but I'm grateful to do this now and I am so proud of her for learning something new.
Friday, July 25, 2008
Potty Training A Princess
Posted by Krazy Khania at 9:42 PM
Labels: evelyn, potty training
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think she is doing a GREAT job!
Pooping is the hardest part. And she already wants to do it in the potty (or not in one) but at least she is not holding it in!! Yea Evy!!!
whoo hooooo! I'm excited for you to have two kids without diapers. that is awesome. your stories are pretty funny... :)
Post a Comment