The other day the weather was beautiful so when Evelyn woke up from her nap we headed outside! I put the kids in fleece jackets and their boots to go for a walk to our new park. Evelyn got so excited she would have walked there herself if I had opened the door for her. Just as we got to the field part of the park she saw a dog running around and got even more excited. Grant "drove" his big Tonka truck the whole way there and back. When we got there one of Grant's friends from school, Hunter, was there. He's the one with the green hair-they were prepping for St. Patrick's Day. They also made friends with a little girl who had dug out a big icy, sandy hole to play in. I took Evelyn right to the swings because those were her favorite last fall BUT to my surprise she did not like them at all! I got one push in before the fussing came so I pulled her out and we did other stuff. Then after a while she "got into a fight" with the big kid swings and I had to separate the two. Evelyn does like the slide and she really wanted to climb. She also liked playing with the wet sand but just like Grant she doesn't like things like that on her hands. So literally every minute I was getting a sandy, muddy, or wet hand stuck in my face, to wipe off. All in all it was a fun trip and as I keep say I just can't wait for Spring to arrive!
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oh I LOVE Lovelace park - when we lived by it Marlee was a little too young to enjoy it all - but she loved the swings - that's too bad Evy didn't like them - but it sure looks like she enjoyed everything else!
fleece.......yipee! we aren't quite there yet :(
Post a Comment