usa flag

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Where Have I Been?

Well, here I am in the blogger world again after a long few weeks. I've been procrastinating because I have so much to post but as the days go by my life gives me more and more to post. So here I go......
As I mentioned in my last post we watched 2 of the 3 Horstmann children two weekends before Christmas. Matt and Rachael were to fly home on Sunday morning but a huge storm came through the "Chicagoland" and they were stranded in Cleveland. Rachael finally made it home Monday around 5pm and Matt followed around 10pm that night. Needless to say I needed Tuesday to relax. It's a good thing I did because around 4am Wednesday morning Grant woke up with a nasty case of the stomach flu. I was up about 2 more times that morning before I started to call it a morning. As I was calling it a morning, Isaac calls me about 10 min. after he left for work to tell me he was hit by a minivan that ran a stop sign. He was hit driver side but passenger row thank goodness! These are some photos of Eddie's boo-boo (the car). Isaac was banged up but well enough to get home since he was only 4 blocks away. We ended up going to the hospital just to get his head checked. His back was hurt as well but he was just given orders to not ride his bike. He was really okay and, I think, really lucky. So I had headache Isaac, barfy Grant and busy Evy home that day. Grant stayed home from school that Thursday too but on Friday we both went to school. I had so much fun at school with his friends and teachers. We made snow from a box!
That Friday we also found out via the internet that Isaac passed his final CPA test-YEA!! I'm so proud of him because he put so much effort and time into this accomplishment. Back to my job.... then Saturday around 4am I am again woken up to the sound of throwing up! This time it was Evelyn which I expected but still. The poor baby threw up every 10 min. for the first hour and then every 15 min. for the next hour and then it went to a half hour till my day started. Thank goodness I had my Christmas stuff done! I did have a peaceful day at church that Sunday because Evy and Daddy stayed home.
Christmas Eve we spent the evening with friends at the McKinlay home . We had yummy food and enjoyed a fun "program" in which we were the participants as well as the audience. I laughed so much! We sang the 12 Days of Christmas, the men sang Frosty the Snowman with Paul Brown on the cowbell, the ladies kazooed Deck the Halls, and the kids sang Once There Was a Snowman. Then it was home to bed so Santa could come!

2 comments:

Beckie said...

Phew! Your Christmas eve sounded Wonderful! I am glad that your house is all feeling better! And I am glad that Isaac's accident was not worse!

Rachie said...

I am exhausted after reading that. I hate the stomach flu!

I am sorry to hear about the car :(