Here is our Christmas morning! Evelyn crept out slowly, wondering why I was waiting on the couch with the camera. She inched out slowly until she saw her gifts from Santa and then she toddled as fast as she could to get them. Grant ran quickly behind her. As a child (and even older!) Isaac family had the children line up youngest to oldest in the hall to "march" out to the tree. Isaac loves this tradition and so we'll continue it with Grant & Evelyn.
Grant got a pop-up Star Wars book, a Lego Star Wars General Grievous Starfighter ship, and a Fred from the movie Cars, from Santa. He also got a bunch of John Deere stuff from Bubble and a remote control spider from Dale. PoP gave him a real treat... a Lego Star Wars Republic Cruiser. This gift deserves it's own post so I'll be working on that one next. Grandma & Bumpa will be visiting us this weekend and decided to watch us open their gifts so we get 2 Christmas sessions, Lucky us! Evelyn got a book about animals, a purse, and Leap Frog frig alphabet set, from Santa. She also got lots toys that sing and count and she got earrings from Bubble. PoP got Evy a sand & water table for outside since we'll be moving to a home with a yard in 1 month. If these 10 degree tepms keep it up we may not be able to play with it till August. It was such a fun morning.
We all relaxed for the rest of the afternoon but then we bundled up to go over to the Christensen's for some of Steve's world famous cooking. He made beef wellington which was so good we were all "beached" as Steve put it. Grant thought it was so funny to say "I'm beached" but the funny thing was he didn't eat anything all night. The boys then played a Lego Star Wars video game that Alex (& Steve) got for Christmas. What a surprise Grant got that too. I wish I had a dollar for every time I say or type "Lego Star Wars" in fact Lego should pay me!
Okay! As I was preparing for this day I was remembering how special and real my mom made Santa and so my goal for next year is to try to do the same for my kids.
0 comments:
Post a Comment