Grant and Evelyn had the opportunity, this year, to go trick-or-treating twice! On Saturday we gathered at Maple Park and went with the Primary to Linden Square, which is a village/shopping area. The kids walked from store to store and got anything from candy to tattoos to face painting. The hardware store always gives out popcorn and one place had us decorate a little pumpkin! The coolest I think was the comic book store where Grant got a Transformers comic book. It was so much fun and the all kids looked great.
On Halloween night we went to the Horstmann's and walked around their block.Christopher was a night, Megan was a princess of some sort which was all Rachael could get her into (apparently she was afraid of her maiden costume) Evelyn was the lovely Princess Leia and Grant was the most handsome Luke Skywalker I've ever seen. Grant was a pro at getting the candy but despite my many reminders to say "Thank You!" I think we missed some. Maybe next year. Evelyn wanted to walk the whole way which would have taken us till next Halloween but she was very cute walking up to houses with her candy bag. At one house I said "get some candy" and she reached in and took a piece out and stuck it in her mouth! I guess she gets it. Megan was so cute saying "Happy Halloween" and "trick-or-treat" whenever she could but Christopher was obviously not feeling well and he crashed when we got home. Isaac was Napoleon Dynamite and some kid, who was a little older, yelled from across the street "Hey Napoleon!" and Isaac turned around and said "What?" just like his character. The kid laughed and so did Grant and I. I was an angel nothing big deal but most people liked it.
Well, we hope you had a Happy Halloween... we did!
1 comments:
I love halloween, and i am glad that you all dressed up!
Post a Comment