usa flag

Monday, October 29, 2007

Eddie-O-Lantern

Here is our jack-o-lantern which Grant has named Eddie so I guess he is an Eddie-o-lantern. Grant and I picked him out at the local Dominicks and brought him home on Saturday. He's a little lopsided but he was the best of the bunch and we don't mind his imperfections. I am the gutter so when we got his top off I pulled out the seeds & stuff. I wanted to make pumpkin seeds to eat this year but because we bought the pumpkin so late in the month he was a tiny bit rotten inside and I didn't want to chance it. Isaac is always the carver. He loves to carve the faces and so after I drew one on he was ready to go. We got the face from Grant & Evelyn's trick-or-treat bags, at Grant's suggestion. He originally wanted a car but then decided on a face. Once the face was carved out we put a tea light inside and lit it. Grant ran around excitedly turning off lights and once they were all out Evelyn was not happy. (It's funny how she'd climb anywhere but is afraid of dark and Grant is the opposite.) Our Eddie looked great! I tried to take some photos but Issac did the best job of capturing the glow.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

1 comments:

Kendra Leigh said...

That is a picture perfect jack-o-lantern! Nice job on the carving! Loved your costumes, too.