Well, the time has come that Evelyn turns one!
I can not believe my little doll has grown to be a toddler but oh what a cute toddler she is! I remember the day Dr. Banzhaf said "I think we need to induce you" I was ready in so many ways and in so many others I was not. And now it seems as though she's been a part of the family as long as the rest of us.
She fits in quite well to this family. She's loud and opinionated. She's long and cute. I never question if she was sent to us from above. Evelyn has an amazing spirit too. She loves to smile and she's very "busy." That's our word for her curiosity, mischief, & discovering.
At her 1 year old check up she weighted 19 lb. 14 oz. (about 35%) and she measured in at 31 in. long (90%) She now has 6 teeth with some more on the way. She also has just started taking steps on her own. When she does it she gets so excited and her smile goes from ear to ear. Evelyn also tries to put shoes and clothes on, brush her teeth, comb & wash her hair and blow her nose. She can point to her nose but will only look at body parts when you ask where they are. I think, she thinks "You know where they are you showed me!" She doesn't really talk yet but she does communicate. She just started doing the sign for please and she does her own sign for more (sometimes) She has said the word "bird" and "dog" but I don't really count those yet because she has to be really coached to say them. Of course she says "Mam" & "Da" & "Ehh" for Grant.
Evelyn loves baby dolls but she loves to play with Grant's toys too. She'll have a light saber duel with him any day and she loves driving the Cars guys around. Grant does not love her driving his Cars guys around and he is learning that her arms are growing. The one picture is of her standing on her tippy toes to get what Grant is playing with at the table.
Monday, October 22, 2007
Evelyn Turns 1: Chapter 1
Likes:
Grant
babies
cards that sing & talk
bracelets
dogs
birds
Legos
oranges
cheese
chicken nuggets
shredding things (napkins & such)
baths
cameras & phones
music
dancing
brushing teeth
mommy's lipstick
eggs
Baby Einstein videos
climbing the stairs
Dislikes:
sleeping ( yes still)
getting toys taken away
mommy in the kitchen
sippy cups
sweet potatoes
not being able to do something
It looks as though there are less dislikes than likes thank goodness! I'm also grateful for all the joy and blesings Evy has brought to our home!
Posted by Krazy Khania at 8:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment