usa flag

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Home Repair


Since we bought our own home we now get the full responsibly of fixing things. When we moved in, our basement utility sink, which is where the washer drains, was draining slowly. I thought that I could just get a plumbing snake and we could get the clog out and it would drain more quickly but when Isaac stuck the snake down there it moved the clog deeper causing the water to not drain at all! Like I said, this was were the clothing washer drained it's water so it had to be fixed. As Isaac took pipes apart the job became bigger and bigger because our new home is so old. It was build in the 1920's and those pipes were original. Back then, it seems that plumbing was an art because getting pipes off was like solving a puzzle. Isaac had to move a pipe further down to get the one on the end off, things like that. It was a messy job and Isaac and I made a combined 6 trips to the True Value down the street but Isaac did it! He replaced the pipes from the utility sink to the main pipe and all was draining smoothly. I was so proud of Isaac and had a lot more confidence in our ability to take care of our new home.

0 comments: