usa flag

Monday, January 4, 2010

On the Sixteenth and Final Day of Christmas Break

I thought I'd end our Christmas break with taking down the Christmas decorations. It was pretty easy but I did have to console the kids. Evy had a pouty lip and said "But Mom what if Christmas comes?" I made sure she knew we'd put the decorations back up before the next Christmas. Grant was a little sad but happy to have the room back. He did ask "Why can't we have the tree up all the time?" I explained to him that it wouldn't be special if we kept it all year round. Then they both got a little wild, I think, because of the change. They were also worried about what would happen to the tree. Luckily, Grant is all about recycling and so is Evanston. I explained they will take the tree and chop it up for mulch for the parks in our city. Grant loved it and so do we. I'll miss our tree because it really was a beautiful tree but I'm glad to have my house back. I am also glad it was the last day of Christmas Break!

1 comments:

Britt Chudleigh said...

Your family is beautiful Khania. :) I hope they appreciate what a good Mommy they have.