
Last Sunday I was ready to dry Evy's hair, for church, when I realized my hair dryer of about 18 years, yes 18!, had passed. Now, there are a few things in my life that have last beyond a normal expectancy and this hair dryer was one of them. The others include my frog, Jagger, who I bought at an end cap at Target. He lasted 9 years, a drive East during the summer and 5 moves! He passed after we moved to Chicago. Maybe the cold was too much. The other thing I have is a Zenth alarm clock/radio. This thing is soooooooo super old I have no idea how many years to tack on it's life. It's still kickin' and still wakes me up in the morning. The hair dryer is special. You may understand the bond between hair dryer and woman and it is a special one. I was thinking all the things this hair dryer has gone through with me. I used for the prom and my wedding. I took it with me to the hospital to have my babies. It has been all over the world traveling and living with me. Really it's like you don't leave home without it. And truly it has made me beautiful! I have so much hair that I really appreciate all it has done for me.
I did go buy a new hair dryer and it seems we will also have a great relationship. It is ceramic and ionized which just means it will be better for my hair than my old one and my favorite feature is the retractable cord!

I was also able to buy a new vacuum this week! The old green one has had things breaking off of it for a while now but finally the canister broke off. It still works but we've had it for about 4 years so we could use a new one. We handed it over to Start 2 Finish. This red one is "new and improved" and I have been happy to have it. I just thought it was funny these two things breaking at once.
5 comments:
sad about your old friend the hair dryer. I don't use mine as often as you. But really when I want it, I would be lost with out one.
love your new vacuum! we still have our little green one. K still loves it.
18 years?! That's impressive. I'm lucky when mine last 3. My last one blew up, literally, the day of Parker's blessing. I had to borrow one from my neighbor. I hope your new one is good to you and you form a long lasting relationship.
i can't believe your hair dryer lasted so long!!! I have been through SO many hair dryers in my lifetime. But Ben and I have had the same vaccuum for 8 years we've been married. I hope to replace it someday... but Ben seems to think ours is fine. Oh well.
My hair dryer broke too! I still haven't replaced it which means I haven't done my hair in days!!
So sad the dryer died...I've never had anything last that long.
Post a Comment