At PoP's we also went swimming. Grant had some fun swimming with his "cousins" Grace & Bryce. Surprisingly Grant decided to jump off the diving board I missed getting a photo of course! Evelyn loved the pool and I now know I'll have her take swim lessons at an early age. We also went to Blue Marsh Lake and took a ride in PoP's fishing boat. Evelyn looked so funny in her life jacket and Grant looked like a pro, driving the boat! It was a very exciting outing because we were a few miles from where we put the boat in when we heard thunder. We were parked at a beach when we heard it so we got in the boat asap. PoP was speeding through the water to get us back and just as we saw the dock it started to pour! I mean hard fast rain!! Evy was asleep in my arms so I wasn't much help to my dad but we made it to the dock. The kids and I got off and walked quickly to the car. I stood in the rain taking Evy's life jacket off and getting Grant settled. I left them and went to my dad who was now about 20ft from the dock with no motor on. Luckily there is another motor on the boat and that brought him in. Still raining!! My dad goes to get the truck while I stand in the rain holding the boat because there's no tie off. Finally we get the boat on the trailer and out of the water and the rain stops. It was actually a fun day, wet but fun!
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Looks like a real American Summer you are having. I am jealous. I love the lake, swimming and visiting family. Live it up Khania!!! Thanks for posting your cute pics so I can see you guys.
It's fun to see your family having such a great summer. And you took some great pics, especially Evy in the life jacket.
Post a Comment