usa flag

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

le Tour de France

This is my new favorite thing to watch! I love watching the Tour de France. I know what you're thinking... this is Isaac's new love and so now it's mine... and you're right but I really do like watching these men ride. It's all so exciting! Not only am I in awe of the 11mph uphill pedaling and the downhill chases but the 4 hours of riding and strategy is captivating! There are crashes and almost crashes and you wonder will the the guy who just flew off his bike be able to finish the race and then he does. I mean I slipped on a toy the other day and couldn't get up for a minute and I peed my pants.
I also love the team playing and they are, for the most part, gentleman. They must rely on each other to go so far and then they break off and make a run for it. The female in me likes to check out the different jerseys and bike styles. Plus the guys are a bit of eye candy! It's a little hard to pick a favorite rider right now because I haven't learned about them but Levi Leipheimer is an American on team Discovery and I seem to like him. I think I'll have to go back and watch some Lance Armstrong races since he was such a powerful rider. Thanks Isaac for turning me on to this sport!

1 comments:

Rachie said...

I think this may become a life long obcession for you. Next thing I know you will be wearing biker pants too!