
a huge mural all made out of the smallest Lego bricks

Evy hammering in her piece of the mural

building vehicles to race

the big race

amazing and fun scenes all built from different sets of Legos

Creation Nation, an outline of the USA

my Salt Lake temple

Evy loved this guy for some reason

massive Star Wars ship

Grant getting some great advice from Master Builder Steve

Because there wasn't enough to do this weekend I decided to take the kids to Lego Fest! It was so cool and I loved it!!! The kids did too. They had so many things to do I was worried we wouldn't get to them all so from 3:30 to 8pm we worked our way through that vast Lego land. We helped to make a mural by filling a 2in x 2in square with the correct colored Lego pieces and then you get hammer your piece in it's spot. We did this a few times and got a cool Lego Fest man. Then we built cars to race. Evy car was nice but it never made it down the ramp. Each time she sent it down half way it would turn and spin. It was funny. Grant made a big one and his heart was broken when we had to leave it behind. We did Creation Nation which was a big outline of the US and then we could build anything and have it placed where we wanted it. The Chicagoland area was so packed. I built the Salt Lake temple and a U for the University of Utah and had them placed in Utah. Grant made a football field and had it place in Utah too. Evy made an original design and had it place in Southern California. Of course there were all the large Master Builder creations like Sponge Bob and Darth Vader. We liked the ship the most and that's were Grant got to meet Steve, a master builder. Steve told Grant that school is where you learn the tools to do whatever you want to do and that he found a love when he took a shop class his senior year of high school. He then went to art school and was introduced to all kinds of things. It was a good talk. I was exhausted by the end but Grant could have played all night! I'm so glad we went.
1 comments:
K- that looked like so much fun! I love the Creation nation idea and think it's great you guys got to put your own stuff in it! You are an awesome mom to go through such a LONG day with Legos but it sounds like you had as much fun as the kids! So great!
Post a Comment