usa flag

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Bonfire Birthday

Here are some photos of Grant's bonfire party. Grant and his friends ran around in the sand dunes and opened presents together. They also ran around like indians making all kinds of noise but they were all quiet while we ate cake! Isaac and friends tried to get a fire going with damp wood, a kitchen knife, and lighter. They all looked determined to "make fire!" It didn't go too well but once it got going the fire was great. Grandma & Bumpa even came to town for the event and I finally got a photo of Evelyn with them. I had fun with our friends but my best story has to do with the cake....
I ordered the cake from Sam's Club but I don't have a card so I borrowed one to do the ordering. Then I forgot to borrow one to pick it up so I left our home at 6pm (party at 6:30) to go borrow the card and head to Sam's. I finally got to Sam's and the entrance was closed but the exit was open. The guy checking receipts wouldn't let me and some others in because they close at 6pm. So I pushed my way past him and I ran to the bakery which was closed also. Then I walked back into the bakery to find my cake! And I did!! I checked out and made it to the party with one of the yummiest cakes that has ever been made.
Thanks to everyones help and coming to the party!

0 comments: