usa flag

Friday, September 21, 2007

Busy Days

WOW! We have had a busy September so far. Grant started school which he loves. His first week was a "slow start" which means he only went until 10:45 instead of 11:45. The first day of his regular schedule we get into the car and I said "What was your job today?" and he got so excited and said "Mom I got to ring the bell today! Everyone else forgot about that job so when it was my turn to pick I picked it!" I guess he had been thinking of that job for a week because you get to ring the bell at recess and the slow start week had no recess. Anyway, Grant is doing great with school and I am so proud of him for making new friends and be so adaptable to his environment. After school we have started to do quiet time for everyone and during that time Grant plays with Legos and builds his own ships. He is very good at it! When I think back to a year ago when he and PoP sat on the floor, building, I realize how much he's grown in his building process. Grant also likes to read the Lego directions. I'm sure he got that from his Daddy.
Evelyn is "busy!" That's what we say. She' gets into anything and fast. Grant was not this quick about discovery. Evelyn has started to try to walk so we bought her a toy that she can push and ride too. Here is a photo of her riding it since she's too fast to catch walking. I think I'm in trouble when she starts to walk! She also does fun little things like "blow" her nose and "wash" her hair. Evelyn gets very excited to go to the playground and I think when I get her shoes on she knows we're going out. She loves to play in the laundry, dirty or clean, just like Grant did and she loves babies as well as cars. Evy & Daddy have this cute thing they do when Isaac gets home. She'll look and point at him and then he points to her and their fingers meet and he does a kissy sound. It's really sweet!
Speaking of Isaac, last weekend he rode in the North Shore Century ride. This was a great milestone for him because he rode 100 miles!! I can't even imagine but he did it and wasn't even that sore afterward. I was so proud of him!
I have taken on some responsibility as a room parent in Grant's class. I have really enjoyed meeting Grant's new friends and their parents. I'm also enjoying the schedule of our everyday especially the quite time. My biggest excitement is the upcoming births of so many friends babies! Rebekeh & Rachael are first on the list and we are just waiting to see who will deliver first. We also have some big birthdays coming up and I've been hard at work pulling a party together.
What a busy but great life!

4 comments:

Beckie said...

I just love the Lunds!!!

Kendee said...

Sounds like fun. Grant is so cute to remember about the bell. Your kids are great.

Beckie said...

OH I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR BLOG BACKGROUND!!!! WAY TO GO KHANIA!!!

Rachie said...

First, I LOVE your background!

I am so busy lately too...I hope we can hang out :)