usa flag

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Blizzard of 2011

My guess is you were all excited to see our photos of this Blizzard of 2011 so here ya go. There are pretty self explanatory but I'll tell you about our day. Make note the first 5 are Wednesday morning during the end of the storm. Grant woke up promptly ate breakfast and was ready to go out. Just as he got out there the snow picked up but it didn't stop him. Grant can be a bit of a blizzard himself sometimes. Grant was thrilled when one of his snowmen in the back yard was almost covered by the wind blown snow. He also had planned (days in advance) to dig a tunnel in all the snow and he did. I collapsed but he had fun while that lasted. After all the snow was over Isaac and Grant went out so they could help friends shovel out BUT we couldn't get out. So the boys shoveled us out first. Isaac said he felt like he was back in Park City, UT shoveling away. We made our may to the front of the house to see what we could do. While there, Grant made his own sledding hill out of piled up snow from the auto boy shop next door. He had so much fun. Also while in the front Evy wanted water but I didn't feel like drugging around the block to get her some so I taught her to eat the snow. Once the boys shoveled us out they were able to find their way out on to Central St to go help friends. Their day ended around 7pm and they were pooped! We survived the blizzard and are out and about. With another day off from school today we'll see what we come up with.

2 comments:

Beckie said...

you got some GOOD pictures! FUN!

tammy said...

Hey Khania! Just want you to know I am still reading your blog. I had a baby so it has been a while but I think I am caught up. It is fun to see pictures of Chicago. I love that city. It is so pretty. Your kids are gorgeous they are miniatures of you and Isaac but I'm sure you hear that all the time. My blog address changed slightly to www.tammysbirdbrain.com just in case you want to know.