
A few weeks before our trip to Utah, Isaac's mom asked me if we wanted to go to the Grand Canyon and I said sure. It's one of those places I've always wanted to go see and was so close but never did. Well, I got my chance and the kids were excited too. I'm sure Evy won't remember it when she's older but that's okay I have pictures! We had to go to the South Rim because the North was closed and we had some windy roads. I gave Grant some motion sickness meds but they couldn't hold the snacks, the swerving and the back seat. Unfortunately Grant threw up those snacks but fortunately in a ziplock bag I emptied a minute before. We pulled over to clean up and he sent another dose out the car door as I opened it. He managed to miss almost everything and was only required to change his socks. I was happy! We then decided to put him in the front seat to calm his tummy and it worked well. When we stopped for lunch he was hungry and ate everything! The place we ate lunch was called Lee's Ferry Inn, in Marble canyon and it was good! We also got to see another brown lizard and he even posed for me. Grant was happy, again. The Grand Canyon was windy but amazing! It looked unreal to me, like a backdrop in Hollywood. We spent the night and in the morning before we left for home Grant and Bumpa hiked on the Bright Angel Trail. They even saw the donkeys coming back up! Grant wanted to go farther but it was starting to become unsafe because there was still ice and snow and they just had their sneakers on. It was such a cool thing for Grant to get to do, Thanks Bumpa! we then headed home with tired children and uncomfortable adults. We were happy to sleep in our beds that night.
0 comments:
Post a Comment