usa flag

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

First Game of the Season

YEA!!! Baseball season is back! He are some shots of Grant first game. The company his team is sponsored by is call the Kiwanis Club, I gather they help children around the world. Anyway, this season it is all coach pitch and each player is at a position for 2 innings. This year they also have a catcher and Grant was the first catcher of the game! He looked very cute but says "catching's not for me" He did well at first but then started to become afraid of the ball. In his defence he did get beaned a few times but it was new and I was proud of him for trying. He also played the pitcher's position. He didn't pitch but he did everything else a pitcher would do and he did a great job! He even caught a ball. His teammates did a good job of knowing where the ball goes once they got it and while someone keeps score I'm not sure who won. Grant and his friends think it was them. As far as batting goes, each team has 8 batters an inning or 3 outs. They always got to 8 batters but there were a few real outs. At first Grant's batting was a little rusty but then he got better. His coach is really good and I look forward seeing how much Grant learns this year!!

1 comments:

Ben and Ash said...

I just remembered something...do you remember that Spring when I went to, was it Isaac's baseball games, with you? I loved that! I miss your friendship. Looks like you guys are doing great...wouldn't expect anything less.