Today Grant had off school and so we took our first trip ever to the forest preserves close to our home. He was really excited to go hunt for reptiles but I warned him we may not see any. I was trying to prepare him so he wouldn't get fussy if he didn't see anything. Unfortunately he didn't see anything except "stupid bugs!" It was a cool and windy day and my guess is the reptiles are in the warmer ground. Evy had fun on and off. She picked up leaves and threw stuff in the water but she also tripped on tree roots and was "so cold." I had fun just being outside and getting fresh air. The sun was out for a little bit and that was great! The photo of me is the very first photograph Evelyn has ever taken, not too bad! Other than stupid bugs we saw a beautiful old old tree. It is the photo of Evy feeling the bark. This tree was obviously a home to an animal because it had holes and stuff in it. I loved it. The only thing that made me so sad was the garbage that was everywhere!! It was amazing how negligent people can be and I felt like we shouldn't have had to look at it but I guess until I can go clean it up myself I can't complain too much. Needless to say our "footprint" will not be found there.
Monday, September 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I think it's great you took your kids there! Though I'm sorry Grant only saw stupid bugs :)
Post a Comment