usa flag

Sunday, April 26, 2009

My Little Angel

changing into the new look
Grant's ready position
Coach Allen giving support on first
a very cute fan
the hit to left field
"good game!" Yesterday was Grant's first game of the season and we were so excited! His team is the Angels and he's number 12. We got the uniforms just before the game and Grant looked so handsome in his red shirt and cap. They were the home team so Grant got to play left field first. I think he was a little bored but he was always ready for a ball to come his way. At this point Sarah and the boys showed up to cheer Grant on even though Eli would have rather played with the soccer balls in the field next to us. When it was time to bat Grant was last in the batting line up and he said "the coach told me clean up the bases." When he stepped up to the plate his batting coach told the other team's infielders to back up because "he can really hit the ball." I was so excited. The first swing was a dud though. He hit the t and the ball rolled around. I think he was a little nervous. The second swing was solid and he got the ball to right field. The second inning Grant got to play first base, his favorite position. I know he was in heaven and when he made a great play he was so proud. A hit was made by the other team and an Angel picked it up a threw it to Grant. The runner had already gotten to first base and when the ball was going right for the kid's head you could tell the coaches were worried. Grant had his eye on that ball and caught it, saving a Yankee from injury! Grant got to bat one more time and this time his batting coach told him to hit it to left field and he did! Right into a hole. If you look at the 5th photo down just above Grant's helmet you can see the ball flying out to left field. It was fun to see Grant playing ball again. It's his passion!

5 comments:

Young Family said...

Way to go, Grant!

Mostess Mommy said...

Way to go Grant! I can't wait until he goes pro!

Lindsay said...

Grant had a great game

Sarah S said...

I'm glad I got to see Grant in action! He is the cutest baseball player out there.

Britt Chudleigh said...

He looks like such a little man! What a stud. :)