usa flag

Monday, June 2, 2008

Summer Vacation

Good Morning Friends! I'm in a good mood today and I thought I'd share...this morning started at the same time is has been for the last 9 months but this morning is different because today is the first day of SUMMER VACATION! This summer seems so different from the last for some reason but I am happy. When I was in elementary school and it was summer vacation my brother and I would go to a neighbors home during the day while my mom was at work. This neighbor had 2 children and a pool so we had lots of fun! When Zon and I were old enough to be left alone during those summer days (which probably would be against the law now) I had a great time. We grew up on a very secluded piece of property which my mom still lives on. I would get up in the morning and get breakfast then I would change into my bathing suit and go out to our pool. I would take care of it by skimming the leaves off the top, checking the filter, and putting in any chemicals in that it needed. Then I would sit by the pool and read until it got hot enough to get in. I would read or swim all morning until I was hungry for lunch. I'd go inside to eat and then nap either by the pool or in my room. Then of course it was back out to the pool. I had the occasional phone call from friends or boys but I loved doing nothing all day. Since I didn't drive until my junior year of high school my brother and I were stuck there. Zon would ride his bike to a friends house but I was too lazy since they were all at least 2 miles away. I know what your thinking....this summer will not be like that and that's okay with me. I just want to play in our yard, at the beach, and at the park. We'll also get some camping in with Grandma & Bumpa so close and we plan to visit PA where my kids will enjoy sitting by the same pool I did so long ago. Then by mid August I'll be thinking of how excited I'll be to have Grant in kindergarten all day!! HAPPY SUMMER VACATION!

1 comments:

Young Family said...

Enjoy your summer vacation. Make sure you don't get too busy that you don't have time to blog about it or I will be bored without anything to read.