usa flag

Monday, June 16, 2008

Summer Teeth

Grant officially has "summer teeth." Some 'er there some ain't. That's a little funny our family has. Anyway this tooth lost is a funny and wondrous story. While we were visiting Grandma & Bumpa we went shopping. At the one store, Hobby Lobby (love it!), Grandma & Bumpa took the babes while I checked out some scrapbook paper. They came back quickly....
Grandma: We would have been gone longer but there was an accident....
Khania: Oh what happened
Grandma: a.... Grant jumped up to bite something and his mouth got stuck on a hook....there was a lot of blood so I'm not sure if he's cut or if it's just the tooth.
Well, what happened was there was a peg hook that you can't see under a bag of foamy things. Grant thought to bite the bag and got a surprise. I still can't figure why there was no crying but Grandma & Bumpa seem to think it was because he was in shock. Grant's smile looked like Mater from Disney's Cars. That happened on Wed. and yesterday the tooth was pulled out...by me! I was worried it would come out in his sleep because he had wiggled it so much it was hangin' there. He tried to get it out himself and I am proud of his bravery but I had to trick him and yank it.
Grant looks cute and he's happy to have 2 windows in his mouth but I'm still wondering why he wanted to bite the bag of foam. Some peoples kids!

7 comments:

Sarah S said...

I'm glad I got to see the crazy tooth before it came out! It was so cute. I love that he has two windows now though!

Beckie said...

I saw is Mater tooth in Primary yesterday and I like the story behind it! Wow kids I tell ya!

Beckie said...

ps - I LOVE hobby Lobby too
there is one by my sisters and one up in Gurnee - they need one around here!

tammy said...

Looks like perfect summer teeth to me.

Britt Chudleigh said...

that is awesome! you are a stud grant. i can tell you right now that if that had been hannah that tooth would not be out right now.

Sarah Smith said...

How cute is that smile?!!! I love the summer teeth quote....thats hilarious. How are you guys?

Anonymous said...

Only your child! What a fun story! It seems like he just got all his baby teeth, now they are falling out!